Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: food as a friend or foe?.Gastroenterol Clin. 2021; 50: 183-199
- Elimination diets for irritable bowel syndrome: approaching the end of the beginning.Am J Gastroenterol. 2019; 114: 201-203
- From a dietitian’s perspective, diets for irritable bowel syndrome are not one size fits all.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020; 18: 543-545
- Irritable bowel syndrome and eating disorders: a burgeoning concern in gastrointestinal clinics.Gastroenterol Clin. 2021; 50: 595-610
- Narrative review: Risk of eating disorders and nutritional deficiencies with dietary therapies for irritable bowel syndrome.Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2021; 34: e14188
- AGA clinical practice update on the role of diet in irritable bowel syndrome: expert review.Gastroenterology. 2022;
- Eating disorder symptoms, including avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder, in patients with disorders of gut-brain interaction.Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2021; 24: e14258
- Disorders of gut-brain interaction common among outpatients with eating disorders including avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder.Int J Eat Disord. 2021; 54: 952-958
- Avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder symptoms are frequent in patients presenting for symptoms of gastroparesis.Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2020; 32: e13931
- Prevalence and characteristics of avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder in adult neurogastroenterology patients.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020; 18: 1995-2002. e1
- Prevalence and characteristics of avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder in pediatric neurogastroenterology patients.J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr Press. 2022; 74: 588-592
Harer K, Baker J, Reister N, et al. Avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder in the adult gastroenterology population: an under-recognized diagnosis? American College of Gastroenterology Annual Meeting. October 5-10, Philadelphia, PA2018.
- The diagnosis of avoidant restrictive food intake disorder in the presence of gastrointestinal disorders: Opportunities to define shared mechanisms of symptom expression.Int J Eat Disord. 2021; 54: 995-1008
- Disordered eating practices in gastrointestinal disorders.Appetite. 2015; 84: 240-250
- The intersect of gastrointestinal symptoms and malnutrition associated with anorexia nervosa and avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder: Functional or pathophysiologic?-A systematic review.Int J Eat Disord. 2021; 54: 1019-1054
- Oesophageal and gastric motor activity in patients with bulimia nervosa.Gut. 1990; 31: 259-265
- Colonic and anorectal function in constipated patients with anorexia nervosa.Am J Gastroenterol. 1997; 92: 1879-1883
- Delayed gastrointestinal transit times in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.Gastroenterology. 1991; 101: 1320-1324
- Esophageal motility and symptoms in restricting and binge-eating/purging anorexia.Dig Liver Dis. 2010; 42: 767-772
- Which symptoms, complaints and complications of the gastrointestinal tract occur in patients with eating disorders? a systematic review and quantitative analysis.Front Psychiatry. 2020; 11: 195
- Gastrointestinal symptoms following treatment for anorexia nervosa: a systematic literature review.Int J Eat Disord. 2021;
- Appearance and disappearance of functional gastrointestinal disorders in patients with eating disorders.Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2010; 22: 1279-1283
Atkins M, Zar-Kessler C, Madva E, et al. Prevalence of exclusion diets and relationship with avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder in adult and pediatric neurogastroenterology patients. Poster presentation at Digestive Disease Week; 2022, San Diego, CA.
- Psychological considerations in the dietary management of patients with DGBI.Am J Gastroenterol. 2022; 117 (epub ahead of print): 985-994
- Avoidant restrictive food intake disorder prevalent among patients with inflammatory bowel disease.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021; 20: 1282-1289.e1
- When is patient behavior indicative of avoidant restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID) Vs reasonable response to digestive disease?.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021; 20: 1241-1250
- Do children with recurrent abdominal pain grow up to become adolescents who control their weight by fasting? Results from a UK population-based cohort.Int J Eat Disord. 2021; 54: 915-924
- Bidirectional relationship between eating disorders and autoimmune diseases.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2019; 60: 803-812
- Frequency of eating disorder pathology among patients with chronic constipation and contribution of gastrointestinal-specific anxiety.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020; 18: 2471-2478
- Pathophysiological abnormalities in functional dyspepsia subgroups according to the Rome III criteria.Am J Gastroenterol. 2017; 112: 132-140
- Noninvasive measurement of gastric accommodation in patients with idiopathic nonulcer dyspepsia.Am J Gastroenterol. 2001; 96: 3099-3105
- When Food Moves From Friend to Foe: Why Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Matters in Irritable Bowel Syndrome.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021;
- Eating disorders: a guide to medical care. Academy for Eating Disorders,
2021 (Available at)https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/AEDWEB/27a3b69a-8aae-45b2-a04c-2a078d02145d/UploadedImages/Publications_Slider/2120_AED_Medical_Care_4th_Ed_FINAL.pdf(Accessed December 1, 2021)
- The science behind the academy for eating disorders' nine truths about eating disorders.Eur Eat Disord Rev. 2017; 25: 432-450
- Caring for Adults With Eating Disorders in Primary Care.Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2022; 24
Waller G. Brief, intensive CBT for normal weight eating-disordered outpatients: What can one achieve in just ten sessions? International Conference on Eating Disorders. October 5-10, San Francisco, CA, 2016.
- Treatment manual for anorexia nervosa: a family-based approach.Guilford Publications, New York, NY2015
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder: children, adolescents, and adults.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge: UK2019
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder: Feasibility, acceptability, and proof-of-concept for children and adolescents.Int J Eat Disord. 2020; 53: 1636-1646
- Feasibility of conducting a randomized clinical trial using family-based treatment for avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder.Int J Eat Disord. 2019; 52: 746-751